A Character Education Visual Art Kit
By Kathleen Thompson and Rachel Ross
This unit develops insights into the need for friendships. Students learn the basic facts of how to act positively toward friends, maintain their friends, and the benefits of having friends of all ages, including adults.
Each art reproduction featured in this set engages students’ interests and reinforces a character trait they can relate to their lives. Each activity presented has been field-tested. The Teacher’s Guide is presented in a K-9 format, but equally applicable in school systems with K-12 formats. Ready-to-use activities for each art reproduction include:
- Historical information about the artist and the artwork;
- Discussion topic for each lesson;
- Guided Looking using an easy 4-step process of art critique known as the Feldman Model;
- Activity related to Character Education;
- Detailed studio art projects;
- Resources for the teacher and students.
The kit includes:
- 5 Fine Art Reproductions 18″ x 22 3/4″ (45.8 cm x 56.5 cm);
- A Teacher’s Guide;
- A plastic storage porfolio.
List of reproductions you will find in your Friendship kit:
Gagnon, Clarence, Near Baie Saint-Paul
Brymner, William, The Picture Book
Utamaro, Kitagawa, Women Playing the Shell Game
Glackens, William J. , Central Park in Winter
Vuillard, Édouard, Les deux écoliers