A Character Education Visual Art Kit
By Kathleen Thompson and Rachel Ross
This unit exposes students to concepts such as family, communicating love and affection, keeping good sibling relationships, and the need for families to share responsibilities and work together toward common goals.
Each art reproduction featured in this set engages students’ interests and reinforces a character trait they can relate to their lives. Each activity presented has been field-tested. The Teacher’s Guide is presented in a K-9 format, but equally applicable in school systems with K-12 formats. Ready-to-use activities for each art reproduction include:
- Historical information about the artist and the artwork;
- Discussion topic for each lesson;
- Guided Looking using an easy 4-step process of art critique known as the Feldman Model;
- Activity related to Character Education;
- Detailed studio art projects;
- Resources for the teacher and students.
The kit includes:
- 5 Fine Art Reproductions 18″ x 22 3/4″ (45.8 cm x 56.5 cm);
- A Teacher’s Guide;
- A plastic storage porfolio.
List of reproductions you will find in your Family Responsibility & Commitment kit:
Picasso, Pablo, Baboon and Young
Krieghoff, Cornelius, Indian Family in the Forest
Ghirlandaio, Domenico, Francesco Sassetti…
Cassatt, Mary, The Sisters
De La Tour, Georges, Le nouveau-né (The Newborn)