A Character Education Visual Art Kit
By Kathleen Thompson and Rachel Ross
This unit provides an opportunity for students to learn about ways they can be a real help with work projects such as helping at home and at school, taking care of family pets, playing games, then share what they have learned from such work experiences.
Each art reproduction featured in this set engages students’ interests and reinforces a character trait they can relate to their lives. Each activity presented has been field-tested. The Teacher’s Guide is presented in a K-9 format, but equally applicable in school systems with K-12 formats. Ready-to-use activities for each art reproduction include:
- Historical information about the artist and the artwork;
- Discussion topic for each lesson;
- Guided Looking using an easy 4-step process of art critique known as the Feldman Model;
- Activity related to Character Education;
- Detailed studio art projects;
- Resources for the teacher and students.
The kit includes:
- 5 Fine Art Reproductions 18″ x 22 3/4″ (45.8 cm x 56.5 cm);
- A Teacher’s Guide;
- A plastic storage porfolio.
List of reproductions you will find in your Children’s Work Roles kit:
Gauguin, Paul, Still Life with Three Puppies
Tanobe, Miyuki, Inside the Sugar-Shack
Franchère, Joseph, Kettle of Soap
Tanobe, Miyuki, Monday, Washing-Day
Daumier, Honoré, La blanchisseuse (The Washerwoman)